View / Download pdf version
of this article
Adding an alert for patients on clozapine
To set up an alert to use for patients on clozapine
- From the menu select: Setup > Patient Register > Alert
- Put a code, perhaps “cloz”, in the appropriate box and put “On Clozapine” in the description box.
- Click OK, your alert is now set up for use.
To use the clozapine alert for a particular patient
- Open the patient’s clinical records.
- From the menu select: Module > Alerts
- Click on the box in the window that opens to assign a new alert to the patient.
- In the code box enter “cloz” or whatever code you used.
- In the text box underneath write relevant details such as: “On clozapine --- watch for constipation, neutropaenia,
- Tick the box labelled “Auto Prompt Alert”.
- Click “OK”, your alert should now open whenever the patient’s clinical records are accessed.