This item is 11 years and 5 months old; some content may no longer be current.
References for Depression in Young People BPJ special edition
- NZGG New Zealand Guidelines Group. Identification of Common Mental Disorders and Management of Depression in Primary
Care. An Evidence-based Best Practice Guideline. Published by New Zealand Guidelines Group; Wellington: 2008.
- Oakley Browne MA, Wells JE, Scott KM (eds). 2006. Te Rau Hinengaro: The New Zealand Mental Health Survey. Wellington:
Ministry of Health. September 2006.
- Skovgaard AM et al. The prevalence of mental health problems in children 1½ years of age- the Copenhagen Child
Cohort 2000. J Child Psychol Psych 2007; 48(1):62-70
- Egger HL, Angold A. Common emotional and behavioural disorders in preschool children: presentation, nosology, and
epidemiology. J Child Psychol Psych 2006; 47 (3/4):313-337
- Ministry of Health, 2008. Suicide Facts: Deaths and intentional self-harm hospitalisations 2006. Wellington: Ministry
- The Social Report, 2008. Health. Available from;
- OECD Report: Teenage Suicide . Available from;
- Christie G, Marsh R, Sheridan J et al. The Substances and Choices Scale (SACS). The development and testing of a
new alcohol and other drug screening and outcome measurement instrument for young people. Addiction 2007;102(9):1390-8
- Suicide Guidelines 1999: Detection and Management of Young People at Risk of Suicide; Guidelines for Primary care
Providers. RNZCGP. Ministry of Youth Development, Wellington.
- NZGG 2003 The assessment and management of people at risk of suicide. Best practice evidence based guideline. New
Zealand Guidelines Group; 2003
- Jureidini J. How do we safely treat depression in children, adolescents and young adults ? Drug Safety 2009; 32(4):275-82
- Medsafe, 2009. Selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors in children and adolescents. Available from;
http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/puarticles/ssri-feb09.htm Accessed September, 2009
- Bridges JA, Lyengar S, Salary CB et al. Clinical response and risk for reported suicidal ideation and suicide attempts
in pediatric antidepressant treatment. JAMA 2007;297:1683-96
Make a comment: