This item is 8 years and 2 months old; some content may no longer be current.
Assessment and management of Depression in Older Adults References and Resources
/ Download pdf version of this article
- Fiske A, Wetherell JL, Gatz M. Depression in older adults. Ann Rev Clin Psychol 2009; 5:363-89.
- MaGPie Research Group. The nature and prevalence of psychological problems in New Zealand primary health care. NZ
Med J 2003; 116:1-15.
- Kuruvilla G, Davidson T, McCabe MP, et al. Treatment of depression in low-level care residential facilities for the
elderly. Aust N Z J Psychiatry 2006; 40(Suppl.1):A50.
- Carney RM, Freedland KE. Depression, mortality and medical morbidity in patients with coronary heart disease. Biol
Psychiatry 2003; 54:241-7.
- Li C, Ford ES, Strine TW, Mokhad AH. Prevalence of depression among U.S adults with diabetes. Diabetes Care 2008;
- CCSMH Canadian Coalition for Seniors’ Mental Health (2006). National Guidelines for Seniors’ Mental Health. The assessment
and treatment of delirium. Toronto; ON. Available from: www.rgpc.ca (keyword:
delirium) (Accessed June, 2011).
- New Zealand Guidelines Group (NZGG). Identification of common mental disorders and management of depression in primary
care. Evidence-based practice guideline. NZGG; July, 2008.
- Brodaty H, Pond D, Kemp N, et al. The GPCOG: A new screening test for dementia designed for general practice. J Am
Geriatr Soc 2002;50:530-4.
- Basic D, Khoo A, Conforti D, et al. Rowland Universal Dementia Assessment Scale, Mini-Mental State Examination and
General Practitioner Assessment of Cognition in a multicultural cohort of community-dwelling older persons with early
dementia. Aus Psychol 2009; 44(1):40-53.
- National Institiute for Clinical Excellence (NICE). Depression. Management of depression in primary and secondary
care. Clinical Practice Guideline 23. Available from: www.nice.org.uk (Accessed May, 2011).
- Draper B, Berman K. Tolerability of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors: Issues relevant to the elderly. Drug
Aging 2008; 25(6):501-19.
- Medsafe. Safety signal - serious hyponatraemia. Medsafe; 2009. Available from:
- hyponatraemia (Accessed Jun, 2011).
- Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC). Hyponatraemia resulting in extra pontine myelinolysis. Treatment injury
case study. ACC; 2008. Available from: www.acc.org.nz keyword hyponatraemia (Accessed Jun, 2011).
- Yesavage JA, Brink TL, Rose TL, et al. Development and validation of a geriatric depression screening scale: a preliminary
report. J Psychiatr Res. 1982-1983;17(1):37-49.
Make a comment: