In this article
View / Download
pdf version of this article
TThank you to Dr Teuila Percival, Consultant Paediatrician, Head of Pacific Health, Faculty of Medical
and Health Sciences, University of Auckland, Dr Darren Hunt, Deputy Director of Public Health, Ministry
of Health Wellington, Dr Andrew Chan Mow, Clinical Director, South Seas Healthcare, Otara, Dr
Api Talemaitoga, Clinical Director, Pacific Programme Implementation, Ministry of Health for expert guidance
in developing the following series of articles on close contact infectious diseases.
- Ministry of Health. The Health of Pacific Peoples. Wellington: Ministry of Health, 2005. Available from:
- Baker M, Barnard LT, Shang J, et al. Close-contact infectious diseases in New Zealand: Trends and ethnic inequalities
in hospitalisations, 1989 to 2008. A report prepared for the Māori Health Directorate, Ministry of Health. Wellington:
University of Otago, 2010. Available from: www.healthyhousing.org.nz keyword:
close contact (Accessed Oct, 2010).
- Minister of Health and Minister of Pacific Island Affairs. 'Ala Mo'ui: Pathways to Pacific Health and Wellbeing 2010–2014.
Wellington: Ministry of Health, 2010. Available from: www.moh.govt.nz (Accessed
- Baker MG, Wilson N, Huang QS, et al. Pandemic Influenza A(H1N1)V in New Zealand: The experience from April to August
2009. Eurosurveillance 2009;14(34).
- Auckland Regional Public Health services (ARPHS). Housing and Health - A summary of selected research for Auckland
Regional Public Health services. Chapter 4: Crowding. ARPHS, 2004. Available from:
- Public Health Advisory Committee. The best start in life: Achieving effective action on child health and wellbeing.
Wellington: Ministry of Health. 2010. Available from: www.phac.health.govt.nz (Accessed
- Housing New Zealand. Healthy housing initiative. Available from: www.hnzc.co.nz keyword:
healthy housing (Accessed Oct, 2010).
- Norris P, Churchward M, Fa'alau F, Va'ai C. Understanding and use of antibiotics amongst Samoan people in New Zealand.
J Primary Health Care 2009;1(1):30–35.