Pain Control in Palliative Care
|Professor Rod MacLeod – Lessons learned|
|Pain in palliative care|
|Pain assessment in palliative care|
|Strategies for total pain management|
|Syringe drivers in palliative care|
|Useful resources, Bibliography & References|
Full colour PDF of the Palliative care POEM.
Printer friendly PDF.
- Adopt a systematic whole person approach to total pain assessment and management.
- Administer regular analgesia in accordance with the WHO analgesic ladder.
- Use appropriate adjuvant therapies as specifically indicated at any time during the illness.
- Liaise with the Palliative Care team as soon as it becomes apparent that this will be advisable at some time during the illness.
- Maintain involvement with the patient throughout their illness.
|Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8||Page 1|